Saturday, March 31, 2007

Chicago PMI - 30th March 2007 - Crumbs

A small move combined with a bit of a slip. It turns out that Oanda filled better than my other platforms, this is very rare. Once in awhile Oanda just gives an incredible fill, the majority of the time they practice daylight robbery with their spread widening during the news.

This indicator is created by surveying Purchase Managers in the Chicago area, which is a key manufacturing part of the USA. Click here for a link to more info about this economic indicator.
Anyhow the news was suppose to come out at 9:45 am EST but the number gets released to a special group of paid subscribers 3 minutes earlier, my service get the number from this group. The expected number was 49.5 and a deviation of +1.5 was the trigger to sell GBPUSD and -1.7 was the trigger to buy. The number was much higher at 61.5 and I sold...the market dropped about 10 pips and not much else, I waited for a reaction 3 minutes later from the main market...not much.

I managed to get out with a couple of pips...the market was volitile and the spreadbetting platform changed the price when I exited, so I lost a little bit. Soon after a tape bomb hit the market about a possible us sanction against china, and the GBPUSD moved up. Charts are below, you can see how small the move was compared to the tape bomb that hit soon after.

No comments: